My youngest blessing

My youngest blessing
Eli at Cracker Barrel on his Birthday!

Monday, February 22, 2010

Major breakthrough for Eli

Month five:
Eli had a hot fudge sundae at Cheesecake Factory today. He thoroughly enjoyed every single bite. (This may seem small to some but not to this little guy!)
He was so full but was so excited to finally try a "zert" (dessert) that he wasn't going to stop until it was all gone!
Like I said this may not seem that exciting to some, but for Eli it was yet another landmark to his progress on the these products.
Until today Eli has NEVER been able to order off of a menu or have a desert other than the one I make especially for him or order special from the allergy network.
There was always a potential or apparent allergen that didn't allow us to dine out with him.
He had hot fudge and ice-cream ALL OVER him!!! I think he would have swam in it if he would have fit in the dish!
These are the little things that are priceless for us.
I know that with each passing day we are going to get to have more and more of these experiences and "firsts" with him.
These shakes have allowed us to hope again and dream about Eli growing and maturing into a child with a normal future.
We are so truly blessed to have had someone care enough to share the hope of these products with us. (These are my opinions based on our results of course but for anyone that knows our life only 5 months ago as compared to now...there is no comparison and there has only been one thing changed) The best nutrition that you can put into your body...when you do that your body is capable of the most amazing things. I was the biggest skeptic around trust me...I am coming around to a new way of thinking for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment