My youngest blessing

My youngest blessing
Eli at Cracker Barrel on his Birthday!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The beginning of a new life....

Week after week since Eli started his shakes (which was just a whole food supplement) he showed signs of improvement...

One month on the products: Eli had only been to the emergency room once...this may not seem like an improvement to you but for us it was remarkable!
He had not had a sinus infection since starting the products which was another amazing break through for us. He was steadily improving, and for the first time in 2 1/2 years we had hope! That was priceless!

After only 6wks on the products: This was a day of celebration in our house!

Eli was used tohaving an evening snack before bedtime and this particular night I was upstairs and my husband accidentally grabbed the wrong snack box and it contained "Honey nut Cheerios".
Eli's life threatening allergy to any nuts. His allergy to them was so severe that if I ate them and kissed him or the dust was airborne that he would go into anaphylactic shock (throat closing etc).
Upon entering the room I realized he had the wrong snack and immediately prepared for the worst.
Eli's lip did swell and he had a onset of rapid breathing but no wheezing or difficulty breathing as we usually would see. I wasn't betting that we were in the clear...
I still knew the worst was coming...but something different happened this time.
I got his nebulizer ready and this time Eli fought getting a breathing treatment?? Normally he would ask for one, but to my surprise he asked for a shake instead!
I agreed to giving him a shake but told him we would need to follow up with his breathing treatment and to my suprise within 20 minutes of eating the honey nut cheerios, his breathing had actually returned to normal and had never developed into wheezing that merited a hospital visit.
He did not even have a progression in his reaction. I was floored!!! I knew at this moment that these shakes were truly going to be life changing for Eli and our whole family.

These products went from my head to my heart at that instant.

No comments:

Post a Comment