My youngest blessing

My youngest blessing
Eli at Cracker Barrel on his Birthday!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Eli's new lease on life...

Month two on the products:
It was now December and Eli had not had a breathing treatment for over a month (this had never EVER happened before...we had them many times a day everyday), he had not had oral steroids or inhaled steroids since his last ER visit on November 14th!
His eczema was gone, not even a trace of it and his skin was starting to feel like normal skin. It was still rough to the touch but no visible signs of eczema.
No sinus infections still and sleeping all night now with no interuption from coughing!!!

Month three on the Products: Eli had another accidental exposure to nuts (we truly were so careful to ask about the ingredients in foods at restaurants)....
This time it was after we had our to go desserts packed up for us and Eli's Grandma snuck a bite...Well, of course Eli wanted a few bites too...He was able to eat a larger variety of foods by then so he got 2-3 bites and off we went to take his Grandma home. (approximately a 20 minute drive keep in mind).
We dropped her off and my cell rang immediately after dropping her off and she said she had opened the dessert and that is was literally covered with pecans!
I checked on Eli in the back seat knowing if that was true he would have had a reaction in the restaurant, he was fine.
I was skeptical that she was mistaken (No offense Nanny) and since I had ordered the same dessert I would investigate further when I arrived home. When we returned home, I opened the container and realized she had not been mistaken at all...It was truly COVERED in chopped pecans...
I immediately checked Eli for a reaction (by now it had been nearly 25 minutes) and he had not even a hive much less any swelling or wheezing or any other signs of reaction. I absolutely could not believe my eyes!!!!
It meant that although we will not purposely give him a known allergen he would have chance to make it through if he was accidently exposed. This meant the possibility of being enrolled at school in a few years. His doctors had told us that was not a possiblity before.

No comments:

Post a Comment